Kint Prattle

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Late!

Okay, so apparently I have not yet come to terms with the fact that the kids will be up by 7 no matter what time I go to bed. Not a lot to blog about today. Lots of rain this morning, so I thought it would be a good day to pressure wash the front of the house. I got started with that right after Stacie got home from church. Although it was rainy and cool when I started, it didn't take long to warm up. By the time I was done it was 85 degrees and 77% humidity (that was out back in the shade of the gazebo). I was standing in the sun in pressure washer mist. So I was a mess. But between Stacie and I, we got the front porch and all the sidewalks out front done, and also the camper and Pappy's truck. After Darin woke up from his nap, we went to Nana's and hit the pool all evening - I think we all needed it. Frosty's from Wendy's on the way home topped off our cool-off evening. No trouble getting the kids to bed, and then I worked in the basement for a few hours before plopping in front of the computer to play Texas Hold-em poker on Facebook. I've come to the conclusion that either A) The people playing on Facebook don't know how to play or B) I'm pretty good at it. I started out with $100 in chips that someone 'gifted' me, and every night I've played, I've ended up with more chips than I started with. As of tonight, I'm up to almost $400,000. Too bad it's not real money!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home