Kint Prattle

Monday, August 24, 2009

Exciting Week...

Wow, it's really amazing how you can go a few nights without blogging without even realizing it. I was thinking I was maybe a day or two behind - turns out it's been nearly a week! Let's see if I can remember everything from last week...

Tuesday morning we all headed over to Beth's house to put up some corn for the winter. Mee-Maw, Mam-Maw, Beth, Stacie, me, and the kids. I took a break in the middle to pick up Pappy at Regesters and lunch from BK. Did 18 dozen ears and were all cleaned up by abotu 2:00. Then Malin had soccer that night, so the boys and I headed to Lewistown to pick up some things from Lowes while Malin and Stacie were at soccer.

On Wednesday Stacie went shopping with Beth and Thea, so the kids were at home with me all day. Luckily, Charshe came over for a good part of the day to play games and hang out with the kids while I got some stuff done around the house. Stacie home just in time to help with the bedtime routine, with lots of good deals, and plenty of back-to-school stuff for Malin and Gavin.

Thursday - I can't think of what we did on Thursday. Gavin and I had soccer in the evening. We scrimmaged for the first time, and it was utter chaos. I was worn out afterwards after my week off!

Friday morning we had Gavin's Kindergarten orientation. Also Friday morning I had a half-hour phone call with a contact at the GE plant in Lewistown. He talked up the projects and the company pretty good, and then before he let me go he checked his email, where he found a message from the hiring manager that said I wasn't a good match for any of their openings. :-( Soccer again Friday evening where we scrimmaged again. Didn't go any better -- the kids were not at all interested in soccer for some reason. Looked more like rugby, so I just ran them.

Had a fun morning on Saturday. The five of us and Mam-Maw made the annual trek up the mountain to gather plants for the kids fair terrariums. Spent a good hour or so hiking up the road collecting moss, ground pine, acorns, strawberries, ferns, even a couple of wild strawberry plants. After we were done, I had never been the whole way over the mountain before, so that's what we did. Through the Hower Gap and in to the Lewistown area, then back up the narrows home. Got the terrariums all fixed up when we got home.

Most of Sunday was spent preparing for Beth's birthday party, which we hosted. I did burgers and wieners on the grill, Stacie made a good pasta salad and some spicy shrimp, Mee-Maw brought pickled eggs, grapes, cantaloupe; Nick made ice cream, Beth made apple dumplings, Christie brought a layer dip...I am sure there was other food too, but I ate so much that I am having trouble remembering. Got cleaned up from that and got the kids to bed and then I worked in the basement until about 1 this morning.

Didn't do much today. I made some phone calls on job leads, but mostly just left messages. Darin wore underpants all day today and managed to keep them dry, even through his nap! Stacie in bad shape with a chest cold, all the kids and I in various stages of sickness, but not quite as bad off as she is. Scrimmaged the entire practice tonight, and it went much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home